pot holders and oven mitt covers


Inspired by the talented Amanda Soule, I finally tackled two projects that have been on my "To Do List" for far too long!  Our pot holders and oven mitts have been in sad shape for some time so after seeing the magic created by Amanda I pulled out my fabric stash and started stitchin'!



I started with the oven mitt covers because as you can see they needed the most attention!  To make a pattern, trace around an oven mitt adding a 1/2" seam allowance all the way around.  Along the bottom or opening of the mitt I added 1.5" so that I could turn over the edge twice to sew a finished hem.
Note:  the dip between the thumb and pointer finger is the trickiest part to stitch but if you remember to sew a gradual curve then it shouldn't pucker.

I love how Amanda used scraps of different fabrics on her pot holders but I made mine with just one fabric and then sewed lines to hold the stuffing in place.

Has someone inspired you lately to make something beautiful for your home?
~ joey ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~