Hallowe'en decorating ~ Part 1

After two days packed with creative fun, I'm back to share with you what I have done this year to celebrate Hallowe'en!


First I put together a small basket of Hallowe'en toys.  Every year these toys are packed away after the holiday and then "rediscovered" with such great excitement the following year.

A deck of pumpkin playing cards, a mini puzzle of a picture of Hallowe'en candy (a neighbour gave this out a few years ago instead of candy, how clever!), a pumpkin rubber stamp and ink pad, ghost number game (not shown) and bookmarks.  Because we read so much I change our bookmarks with the seasons . . . I know, just call me a book nerd!


Speaking of books, here's our Hallowe'en book selection.  Story books, chapter books, art books, some are our own and some are from the public library.  All were devoured as soon as the kids found them! :o)

My favourite story book:  Scary Scary Hallowe'en by the fantastic duo Eve Plumb and Jan Brett

My son's favourite chapter book:  Geronimo Stilton ~ It's Hallowe'en you 'fraidy mouse

My daughter's favourite art book:  Ed Emberley's Drawing book of Weirdos


Our dining room table "centerpiece".


Some vintagelook postcards.  I change the cards in this photo frame for every season or holiday.

Tomorrow I'll be back with
Hallowe'en decorating ~ Part 2 ~ The Dollhouse 
all decked out for Hallowe'en complete with tricks and treats.  
It was SO much fun to create, I hope you will come back to see it!
~ joey ~

Shared at:
Keep Calm Crafting On

Magic Onions - Friday's Nature Table 
Natural Suburbia - Creative Friday 

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of different pictures in the frame for each season. Really cute all around!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~