my first travelling tile

As some of you know, I recently decided to start making myself
do things that scare me a little.
Shortly after I made this decision, Anita challenged me to swap tiles with her,
I knew that I had to accept!


She sent me these two beautiful tiles and they sat on my desk waiting for me to gather my courage and finish them.
Last night I picked up my pens and went for it!


The tile on the right was (I think) stamped with leaves dipped gold ink/paint so I wanted to continue with gold touches.  I used a Metallic Gelly Roll pen on the leaf veins and Puff centres, I hope you can see them shimmer. 


For my first swap I kept both tiles fairly simple.
I didn't want to hide the more subtly stamped gold leaves with tangles so I continued the Printemps tangle in the black and brown 005 Micron.  Printemps isn't my favourite tangle but being that this was a challenge, I persevered.  I love how Anita combined the two colours on the same tangle, I will definitely use this effect in the future.

I found the string on the black and white tile really challenging, not knowing where to start and stop the tangles but in the end with a bit of white coloured pencil I was happy with the results.

Thank you again Anita for challenging me with this swap!
I will try to link this up to the Facebook page,
(which may prove to be another challenge)

It's good to keep the mind challenged and I can't think of a more enjoyable way to do it than through Art!
~ joey ~

6 comments:

  1. I am so happy you did what you did! Both tiles turnés out beautifully! Thank's for swapping Joey!������

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Joey, both those tiles are stunning, great job!! I especially love the one with the gold touches, as I'm totally into colored tangles.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a lovely job. The highlights in the black tile really help bring all the tangles together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two wonderful tiles, I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo!!! Both tiles are fantastic;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, they're so beautiful! Especially the one with the golden touch!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~