joey's weekly tangle challenge #53

This tangle challenge is for anyone who enjoys using tangles in their art.  
Whether you are an experienced artist or new to drawing, we're here to learn from each other and have fun with our art!
I hope that you will find my challenges fresh, stimulating and rewarding!
Use the Link Up at the bottom of the post to share your work.
note:  the link up never closes, so you can come back and link up to any challenge, at any time.

Click here to see past challenges.
 ***

Hello!  Ready for your next challenge?
Do you remember when we tangled a group of tiles?
This week's challenge is a two step process, we're going to

tangle a border print


This challenge is inspired by my favourite tablecloth.
I have spent many hours at the dinner table thinking
how this cloth would be perfect to tangle. 
 

Step 1:
  tangle a straight border
There are so many really cool "border tangles" like 
just to name a few.
You can choose any border tangle,
it does not have to be one of the ones that I have listed.

Step 2:
tangle an all over design

Use one or more of your favourite tangle(s) in a pattern.

Draw both on one tile or
stack your two tangle drawings 
to create your border print.

Optional Step 3:
repeat the pattern

Many of you are very savvy with Photoshop so if you want to take it one step further, repeat your finished piece to create a "border print fabric".
 
 If you have any questions, please ask.
Have fun!
~ joey ~   

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

6 comments:

  1. thanks for mentioning my tangle Dutch Diamonds :) what a fun surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really great a thinking up amazing challenges. This will be fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah ha! I know I've got you all thinking when the thumbnails don't immediately pop up early in the week! Perhaps this challenge is more challenging?! A good thing I'm sure! I look forward to seeing what you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was good for me. Nudged me out of my comfort zone and made me think a bit believe it or not. Yes, there is a border, but it's not traditional I guess. Might do more with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason, this one was really challenging. I did 2 tiles, but I'm not really happy with either one. Hope to do better next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This challenge was really exciting. I had to try it 3 times before I got mine right.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~