a small gift


I am in the process of trying to decide how to upgraded my art pencils so when a kind friend offered to lend us her collection of pencils to play with, I decided to whip up a little pencil pouch as a thank you.  I used this tutorial and simply enlarged the fabric dimensions to accommodate a 7" zipper.  Instead of using canvas I used iron on interfacing to slightly stiffen the fabric.


The fun thing about this gift is that the fabric I used was a piece left over from a blouse made for my daughter when she was small.  For the tag I printed a photo of her wearing the blouse and added a message of thanks.

I find personalizing small gifts like this fun and always well received.
Have you made a personalized gift for someone special?
~ joey ~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~