orange lentil soup recipe



I was experimenting in the kitchen the other day and came up with a winner soup!  The name may be a bit deceiving as there is no orange fruit in the recipe just lots of delicious orange ingredients - red lentils, butternut squash, yams, and carrots yummy!

Saute: 
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1" piece fresh ginger, minced
Add: 
1 cup dry red lentils, rinsed
1.5 cups butternut squash, chopped
2 med yams, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
8 cups water
1 tbsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried savory
2 tbsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp paprika
sea salt to taste
Bring to a boil and then simmer on low for 30 mins.

I used a potato masher to make the chunks of cooked vegetables a bit smaller just before serving.

I hope your family enjoys it too!
~ joey ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~