summer gifts

Happy Canada Day (yesterday) to all of my Canadian readers!

Now that the kids have finished school and the summer heatwave has arrived early (phew!) I thought I should set up a blogging routine to keep me organized throughout the summer.

This is what I have come up with:

:: I will be posting most of the creative projects that we do this summer.  Some may be short and sweet, others long and chatty, depending on what our schedule looks like.

:: Garden updates as things change through the season.

:: I love posting tutorials so there will be some tutorials thrown into the mix as well.

I will continue writing for Playful Learning and The Magic Onions so check for me there as well!

 ***************
So I'll start the summer off with the gifts that we gave to our wonderful teachers this year.  I feel that teachers get enough mugs and knickknacks to fill their shelves so we decided to get them something that would appeal to their taste buds instead.

red strawberry basket 

and a pink one for the pink loving teacher!

Fresh local strawberries!...and what are strawberries without chocolate?  I thought these sweet strawberry die cuts made perfect tags, tied with a bit of baker's twine.  Homemade cards by the kids added a personal thank you to the package.
 They were very well received so we will likely use this idea again!
It's a perfect gift for any summer occasion that you want to take a little something.

Coming this week:
* new additions to our "family"
* garden update 
* front porch makeover with tutorial
* starting a fairy garden

I hope you have had a wonderful start to your summer!
~ joey ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~