backyard bird watching


I'm really excited about the Great Backyard Bird Count that is going on this weekend.  The kids were given new bird feeders for Christmas so inspired by Mariah's great ideas, I put together the above bird watching basket full of supplies.

I included the kid's binoculars, bird identification guide, story books about birds, homemade bird bookmarks, a photo journal of photos that we have taken of birds in our neighbourhood, a Audubon Hermit Thrush stuffy and extra bird tags for creating something special.

Beside the basket I have included some binoculars for the adults and some of our favourite bird friends that were gifts from far away lands!  The pink and green birds flew all the way from India and the adorable handsewn felt penguin flew up from the southern USA.


Wishing you a weekend full of new discoveries!
xoxo
~ joey ~

4 comments:

  1. So lovely and inspiring... Thanks for the reminder about the backyard bird count. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos Joey!! You have such an eye for color and contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your watching went well! I get so much entertainment out of our backyard bird feeder. We didn't put it up this year (to hopefully discourage some starlings), and I've missed it so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Update: Sadly we had rain all weekend so we didn't spot one bird! I have moved the feeders to another area of the yard so hopefully we will see some birds soon!
    xoxo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~