Delph . . .

I got a little side tracked when doing my challenge for this week.

The challenge is to:

Delphiniums are one of my favourite flowers so I started with that in mind.

Only the petals of a delphinium are much too small to tangle a pattern inside them!

BUT when drawing the delphinium I realized that it was a pattern in itself.
 Here are some photos to clarify what I'm talking about...

 photo of first drawing of delphinium:
mixed media sketchbook, watercolour pencil, prismacolor pencils

I tried playing around with it as a tangle.
Printable TanglePatterns.com practice sheets here.

Tried it in circle, fun!

And decided that it's totally workable as a pattern!


I haven't done any shading in the instructions but I did a little on the original (first photo) in colour.
 
This may already be a tangle so please let me know if you recognize it,
I don't want to step on anyone's toes.
Play with it and let me know what you think!

Now, I guess I had better get back to my challenge!
~ joey ~

2 comments:

  1. Delphi looks so rich. Lots of potential uses. I'll try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!! Sat or Sun I will be ready with my entry :)

    ~ Diane Clancy

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~