joey's weekly tangle challenge #8


Welcome to week #8 of my weekly challenge!
As you can see I have made a few changes to the name and layout.

 After playing around with strings, tangle patterns and techniques for the past couple of months, I discovered that if I had to label myself I would consider my "style" as being Zentangle Inspired Art (or ZIA).
For more information on Zentangle® drawing click here.

With that in mind, I decided to change the name of my challenge so that anyone who enjoys using tangles in their art would feel that they could participate.

I also set out to design a snazzy new button for my challenge, however, nothing felt quite right.  In the end I decided to keep it simple, bright and fun.

Everyone is invited to play along, whether you are experienced or not, whether or not you follow my style, it doesn't matter, we're just here to learn from each other and have fun with our art!

 No matter what label you put on your art style I hope that you will find my challenges fresh, stimulating and rewarding!

So now let's get to this week's challenge, which I like to call
Teeny Tiny Tangles!

Guidelines:
 - your drawing must be drawn on a card no bigger than 2" square.
- you must include one tangle that represents something tiny (eg: TADPOLES)

I encourage you to use the website TanglePatterns.com for pattern ideas.

When you have completed your challenge drawing:
- use the Link Up below to post a thumbnail photo of your art as well as your name. (email me if you have any questions)
- please leave a comment about your art, the tangles you have used, etc.
(comments are nice to give to each other as well!)

OK, ready...set...go!
~ joey ~
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

14 comments:

  1. Ooooh, twinchies, can't wait to get into this one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha I've just learned something new! I had no idea they were called that!
      Thanks Kylie!

      Delete
    2. Caroona your tangle is sooo sweet! I love pussy willows and the shading makes them look so soft! Wonderful!

      Delete
  2. What great challenges:-) I have made the one called chemystry, because it made me thinke of a first love, and how you love all the tiny things about the other person in the beginning:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love how you interpreted this challenge Mie! Chemystry is a tangle I still have to try. Thanks so much for participating!

      Delete
  3. Dear Joey,
    it has again been great fun.
    Greetings from Germany, * Manja *

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great little works were created!
    Greetings to all!
    * Manja *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Manja!
      You tiny tangle is so sweet! I love tiny daisies and the layout reminds me of a quilt. Very nice!

      Delete
  5. Phew! I have been so preoccupied with my garden I almost missed completing my own challenge! I used Seedlings, Dandelion Seeds, Antz and Itsy Bitsy tangles. I'm not really happy with this one so I'll be giving it another try when I'm fulling focused on drawing.
    Hope you all enjoyed this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sal, I never would have thought to use so many similar shaped tangles in one piece but it looks great! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel,
    Two more great tiny tangles! I really like that you did a starburstlike spawn on the left rather than following the same pattern. I enjoy putting unexpected twists in my artwork too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Louise your challenge is so cool, using a photo of a micro organism is beyond being cleverly creative! The "ripply lines" create a really nice outline around the "pluteus larva from the sea biscuit Clypeaster subdepressus".
    Thanks for joining in the fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! I'm enjoying your challenges, so keep them coming.

      Delete
  9. I've just recently discovered twinchies and I'm loving them!!! In the link I've added the tangle that most reminds me of tadpoles is my newest tangle 'Ditto' http://suejacobs.blogspot.com/2014/02/ditto-tangle-video-instructions.html
    Sorry, it's not on Tanglepatterns.com yet but I've submitted it to her.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~