I'm back...with an Autumn Nature Table

I'm back from my break and I must say the last two weeks flew by!  The kids went back to school the day after Labour Day and have settled into their new classes and our new routine quite well.
On Labour Day we felt the weather change and now it feels like Autumn is not far off.

I pulled out our Autumn box of decorations and put together a Waldorf inspired nature table.  We haven't had a nature table in a while and I really missed it, so when this space was created after a furniture shuffle, I began planning for an Autumn nature table.

Some of the things that I have included on our nature table
this season are:
~ a silk in the colours of the season - red, orange, yellow
~ wood and needle felted acorns in shades of brown, green, yellow, orange, and red
 ~ silk sunflowers
~ a grove of pine trees along the back

~ a basket of pinecones

 
~ gnomes dressed in gold, red and orange

 

 ~ bare trees with falling "leaves"
 ~ an Autumn flower petal fairy

 
~ needlefelted pumpkins and toadstools

The nature table is in our dining room so one of my recent Thrift Store finds is being proudly displayed on the table as well - a pumpkin soup tureen!  We have soup with the Grandparents every Hallowe'en so I had been looking for a plain white tureen.  I couldn't resist this one complete with a ceramic ladle for $6!

Well it's good to be back, I have some posts planned with fun ideas to do this Autumn and you'll find me at Playful Learning as well.  If you haven't already, remember to subscribe to madebyjoey so that you don't miss a post!

Happy September!
~ joey ~
I have shared this post with the Link Up Hosts found on the right sidebar.
Please visit them to see what other creative ideas have been shared.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely table beautiful colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gnomes, the silk, the rustic textures, everything. Lovely tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely nature table! Fall is one of my favorite times. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a wonderful nature table. and your thrift store pumpkin is AWESOME! what a great way to serve soup this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely table! Even though there are leaves falling I'm not quite ready for Fall yet.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~