challenges #173 and #174

I have two weeks of challenges to share today,
first #173 Michele's very fun Rope String challenge . . .


I decided to try this one as a rainbow monotangle but I totally ruined it in the end so I am only showing the first version of the tile.
In short the shading went bad, the highlights ruined it even more so now it's going in the garbage. :o(
Enjoy it's before version, I have used the tangle Ragz.

***
And next I have challenge #174 Susie's VERY challenging start.


This one is a monotangle as well continuing with the Asian Fans tangle.
The tile is painted with watercolour and I used a bit of white pen to sharpen up the highlights.

Thank you both so much for creating these wonderful challenges!
You have given me a chance to cross so many things off my to do list as well as have time to read and tangle.  It's such a treat!
My husband joked that there won't be anything in the house
that I have not organized!
But it feels so good to downsize and know that everything is going to be easier to find when we go back to school/work!

I hope everyone (in the N hemisphere) is enjoying their summer!
~ joey ~

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Joey,

    Both your tangles are wonderful, but I really love the rope string tangle. That was a totally fun challenge! I love the way you colored it.

    I am so glad you are enjoying your time away from hosting "madebyjoey," but will be glad to see you when you get back.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tiles, both of them, but for me the second one has just that little bit more and that is my favorite. I like the background and I have never seen a monotangle of Asian fans but it looks great.
    Enjoy your hollidays Joey, kind regards from Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful tiles Joey! Hope you have a wonderful holliday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey, I hope you do not trash that color tile. It might not have turned out as was the plan in your head, but we love it. It is your rainbow tile. Maybe one day we actually have a rainbow challenge and then you are glad you kept it if only to proof, you had the idea first. LOL.
    As for my Asian Fans: if you could see me know you would see my jaw hanging down to the floor. A bit uncomfy, but I will survive, give it a minute. Absolutely fantastic your Asian Fans tile!!!!! Love what you did and I am forever grateful you gave me a chance to sub for you. Thanks, Joey, and enjoy the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your rainbow rope. I'm sorry it took a wrong turn, but it's all part of the journey. I almost always take a photo before shading, just in case it doesn't go as planned. There have been hits and misses. No one has ever been the wiser if I end up posting the "before".
    Your Asian Fan piece is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have overdone several (ok maybe more) tiles and I'm so impressed you had the good sense to take a picture before you overdid it, I seldom remember to! I do like the before and know I have a lot of trouble shading coloured tiles for some reason. I'm never sure if I should use a grey or a darker colour.

    Your Asian fans was just as elegant as mine was going to be in my mind! 😁. Somehow I couldn't pull it off like you did!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~