joey's weekly tangle challenge #33


This tangle challenge is for anyone who enjoys using tangles in their art. 

Whether you are an experienced artist or new to drawing, we're here to learn from each other and have fun with our art!
  I hope that you will find my challenges fresh, stimulating and rewarding!


Use the Link Up at the bottom of the post to share your work. 

note:  the link up never closes, so you can come back  
and link up to any challenge, at any time.
Click here to see past challenges.
 
* * *
Well, now that Hallowe'en is over
let's go back to some "technique challenges".
 This week I'd like to challenge you to
tangle a mandala

 I tried my first mandala when we tangled inside a circle.  This was drawn using assorted glass bowls to create the circles.

The wonderful Genevieve Crabe has a short video on drawing mandalas
and how to use her wonderful mandala stencils.  
 I decided to purchase a set and can't wait to try them!
With the stencils as a guide I am eager to try some points and swirls on my mandala.

Whether you use a protractor, soup bowls or Genevieve's stencils,
choose some fun tangle patterns,
take a deep breath, relax and watch what appears before you.

Have a great week!
~ joey ~
 
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

4 comments:

  1. now here's one i can get into! i'm not much on the halloween stuff, but this one i can do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first zendala! I definitely will be trying more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the kind words, Joey. I hope you have fun with the stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Joey for your challenges. This is the first I try and it was quite a challenge for me since I don't like mandalas. But thanks too Krishna's (from Her Sketches) idea of doing tiny mandalas I eventually managed to do one completely.
    But somehow I can't link into mr linky I must have done something wrong. ... I'll try again later.
    Thanks again and have a great WE.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~