book review: how groundhog's garden grew

For a bit of a change I thought it would be fun to share a book that we recently enjoyed.

photo from Lynne Cherry's website
The book is titled How Groundhog's Garden Grew by Lynne Cherry.

Lynne's beautifully detailed illustrations had us all completely mesmerized by the first page.  So much information is covered on growing vegetables it's a perfect way to get the children excited about planting a garden.  It explained how to collect the seeds, what the different seeds look like, how they form roots and grow, transplanting seedlings, beneficial insects that visit the garden, perennial plants and finally sharing the harvest with friends.
I thought this was a lovely way to end the story!

If you need some garden inspiration then I guarantee that you will find it in this book, I can't wait to start our seeds and plant our garden!

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as we did!
Please let us know what your favourite garden themed books are, 
we're always looking for new stories to read.
xoxo
~ joey ~

2 comments:

  1. Joey...Hands down it would be "The Good Brown Earth". Love love love it. I'll see if our library has your suggestion ~ thanks!
    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jules,
    I've just put your book on hold at our library. It's by Kathy Henderson correct? Thank you! Always love to find out about more good books! Sharon Lovejoy's books are fantastic too for planning the garden, oh and so many more! LOVE books! ;o)
    xoxo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~