parties, polka dots & paper straws

A while ago, I spoke about a fantastic Canadian company called Greenmunch and included a few photos of my favourite products.  They generously offered to send me an assortment of their paper straws to see what I could create with them.  The possibilities are quite literally endless but this party theme popped into my head so I ran with it.  I'm so happy to finally share some of my ideas! 

place card stands
These little place card stands are a length of straw with a slit cut on one end and two slits (to make an X) on the other.  Gently fold the 4 pieces open to form a stand.  Slide the place card into the single cut end.
These stands can be used individually or in pairs (ie:  for larger cards) and could also hold identification cards (like "nut-free ___") or to display menu cards.

"thank you" bag
The closure on the bag is a small piece of straw attached with a rubber band through two punched holes on the fold of the bag.  The ends are snipped paper rolled into a tube and slid into each end of the straw.

happy birthday banner
 The banner was really quick and easy to make!
I cut each straw into 4 and strung the straws and circles on to a length of string.   Stickers made the circles super easy but you could draw, paint or stamp your own lettering or use a computer font.  I made this banner small (to hang over the head of the bed or in a small window) but it could be made using full length straws (7 3/4") between larger letters for a room sized version.

cupcake topper
Sorry I didn't have any delicious cupcake props for my photo shoot....they probably wouldn't have lasted long enough anyways! ;o)
The artwork is clipart and I've used the rolled snipped paper again for the top.

flower embellished paper straw
The above photo is my daughter's creation...she couldn't help but join in on the fun!

~ ~ ~ 
I'd like to add that this project was particularly fun for me because it made me stretch my imagination!  I do not often use such bold colours and modern designs, so it was a bit of a challenge to leave behind my neutral frame of mind.  I do love bright colours (like rainbows!) but I find them very stimulating.  Due to the fact that a lot of my creations are for the home, I most often choose muted earth tones and more rustic designs because I find them calming. 
But what better time to have some fun with colour than for a party? ;o)

Speaking of which, my son's Birthday is coming up so I will be sharing even more Birthday magic soon!

A big thanks again to Greenmunch for allowing me to review their straws, they are so much fun!

So glad you stopped by!
xoxo
~ joey ~

p.s.  I just noticed something new on Greenmunch's site ~ red heart straws!
What fun to use for Valentine's Day, weddings, anniversaries, or Christmas. 


1 comment:

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~